HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Our sister site, Heat in the Kitchen, is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow us on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- Spicy Roasted Carrot and Apple Soup: A Recipe
- Garlic Soup, for Cold Wintery Weather. A Recipe
- Smashed Chickpeas with Broccoli and Dukkah: A quick salad (if you pre-cook)
- In Season Early Winter: What to Cook
- More Pre-Cooked Prep – Char Grilled Sweetcorn
- Spiced, Honey Roasted Carrots, a Community Recipe
- Puy Lentil Soup with Parmesan Toasts. From The Archives. Yum. July 2003.
- Retro Pumpkin and Spinach Terrine served on a bed of Tomato and Ginger Concasse. From The Archives. July, 2002.
- Bill’s Spring Vegetable Soup with Winter Vegetables. From The Archives. July, 2002.
- Ingredients: A Note on Shaoxing Wine (Shao Hsing, Chinese Rice Wine). From The Archives.
- Ganga’s Clean out the Fridge Pasta for Sunday Lunch. From The Archives. July, 1999.
- Ingredients: A Note on Making Asian Flavoured Vegetable Stock. From The Archives. July, 1997.
SEASONAL COOKING IN THE KITCHEN…
Recently: Smashed Chickpeas with Broccoli and Dukkah
Recently: Early Winter – What to Cook
Recently: Char Grilled Sweetcorn
Recently: Spiced Honey Roasted Carrots
Recently: Grated Coconut Masala Kuzhambu – Thenga Aracha Kuzhambu
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Zukes in Oil
MID WINTER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE….
Mid Winter Cooking: A Note on Pickling Lemons and Limes
Mid Winter Cooking: Aloo Gobi (Indian Cauli and Potatoes)
Mid Winter Cooking: Anise Baked Pears and Apples
Mid Winter Cooking: Arai Puli Kuzhambu (Mildly Sour “Soup”)
MID SUMMER IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE…
Mid Summer Cooking: A Plate of Cauliflower – Simple Elegance
Mid Summer Cooking: Baked Apricots with Honey and Orange
Mid Summer Cooking: Baked Peppers for Summer
Mid Summer Cooking: A Wicked Tamarind and Lime Dressing and a Betel Leaf Salad
Help me Clean a TempleLet's clean Ramanathaswamy Temple, Rameshwaran Island, India. And you don't even have to leave your lounge room.
TagsAUTUMN BBQ Bread cheese chickpeas cooking Cumin dal dips drinks eating Eggplant Festivals food Fruit and Vegetables herbs Hindu Holidays India Indian cuisine Italian Kuzhambu lemons lentils life links Meenakshi Ammal mung dal nuts olive oil Olives peppers pinned Recipes Red lentils Retro Recipes Rice Salad Salads sambar seasonal cooking slow cooking snacks Soups SPICES SPRING Sth India SUMMER Sydney Tamil teas Thoughts tips Tomatoes Travel UPDATED urad dal VEGETARIAN WINTER yoghurt