It is Autumn here. Increasingly we are revelling in the delightful light and cooler weather of Autumn. Leaves on the ground. Colour in the trees. Warm days and cold nights. Reluctantly I am reading soup recipes and thinking about creamy baked vegetable dishes …..
But many of my readers are moving into Spring. My daughter in London tells me that the weather has not yet fully understood the season change, but even she is talking quinoa salads with avocado and spring onion.
So today we revisit the dishes that I have emerged from this kitchen in a time that was Spring here. I hope it gives you inspiration for your playtime in the kitchen over the next week.
Cooking in April – Northern Hemisphere Style
- Broad and Butter Bean Mash - a wonderful pate of young broadbeans and butter beans. The post describes how to peel and cook broadbeans.
- Cool as a Cucumber – Cucumber Curry – Who would have thought that you can cook cucumber?
- Divine Cumquat Marmalade - exactly as the name says, a divine marmarlade with vanilla bean. This is my most frequently googled recipe and in my top dozen recipes since my blog began.
- Go Spanish – Tomato Paella – cook a paella that has intense flavour and is so easy that it cooks itself
- Play Nice with Rice – Cooking Rice – Cooking rice is no simple thing! Read how to get good results.
- Plump Ruby Bites - Oven Dried Tomatoes – A year round favourite, as long as I can get tomatoes, I keep roasting them.
- Rolls Rice - Rice Rolls - Have you ever encountered these Chinese and Vietnamese wonderful rice rolls? Worth a visit to your local Asian market.
- Squared Tofu - I wonder whether you have been introduced to tofu puffs before? They make a quick and handy snack.
- Taking Stock - Making Great Vege Stocks. Think differently about the stock that you use.
There you have it, a round-up of dishes worth cooking in April in Spring.