To be sure, your minds are on cooking for the Seasonal Holidays in many parts of the world now. And then there is the problem of what to do with the leftovers.
Just in case you need some inspiration for the other days in December, here is a list of what came out of my kitchen at this time of the year. Clearly I am not prolific in December (my summer) or June (my winter), but you may find something tiny there to spark your creativity.
Stay safe and sane during December. Love your family, friends, neighbours and those who, in whatever way, are less fortunate than yourself. Give until it hurts.
Early Winter Offerings
- Spicy Rustic Red Lentil Soup with Thick Thick Yoghurt - oh boy, one of my favourite winter soups. Turkish in origin.
- Haydari - a gorgeous snack or supper, again Turkish, based on thick yoghurt. Perfect for any time of the year.
- Salsa Verde - The Italian green sauce – delicious any time of the year.
- Dal Makhani, Oberoi Style – one of the most popular posts on my blog.
- Beetroot Halwa – a perfect way to use beetroot! Amazing dessert.
- Indian Eggless Custard – If you don’t eat eggs, this is perfect! And if you do, it is still perfect.
- Butter Glazed Apples – Perfect to be used in sweet or savoury contexts, or even along. Quick and easy.
- Home Made Tomato Paste – if you are still getting tomatoes, use those cooler days to make tomato paste. Otherwise make it earlier in the year. It will keep you in tomato paste for the next 12 months.
- Semi Dried Tomatoes with Pomegranate – Again, if you are still getting tomatoes, dry some for use in salads, pasta dishes, sandwiches, etc.
- Also have a look at the links below in Early Summer. There are some offerings there that would suit winter just as well!
Early Summer Offerings
- Gin, Tonic and Chilli – a cooling yet spicy drink for a hot day.
- Peppers Shining Salad – a simple salad, perfect.
- Baingan Kabharta - an Eggplant Curry.
- Risotto Basics 101 – The basics of making risotto.
- Caramelised Pumpkin Risotto – there is nothing quite like a roasted pumpkin risotto.
- Caramelised Roast Pumpkin – what could be better than the smell of pumpkin and rosemary roasting?
- Pasta with Soul – how long to cook pasta.Many people overcook it.
- Rosemary Focaccia Sheet – worth the effort.
- Also have a look at the links below in Early Winter. There are some offerings there that would suit winter just as well! Especially the tomato paste and dried cherry tomatoes.