HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Heat in the Kitchen is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow Ganga on Twitter
- May 8th, 2013. Cooking with Yoghurt
- May 2013. Sambar vs Kozhambu
- April 28th 2013. Miso Soup and a Salad for all Seasons
- 21 April, 2013. Cold feet. Warm Heart. Chillies Drying. Making Quince Chutney.
- April, can you believe it already? Oh the wonders of good food.
- March 31st, 2013. A Motherly Khichadi
- March 30, 2013. A Parsi Kitchari
- March 29th, 2013. Spice Laden Kitchadi
- Feb 17th, 2013. Sunday and Surnoli in the Kitchen
- Feb 16th, 2013. Things in The Kitchen – dried parsley, pickled orange peels, mustard sauce
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN…
Moru (Buttermilk) Sambar
Infusions and Teas
Classic Sambar Method 4
Cooking with Yoghurt
Sambar vs Kozhambu
Miso Soup and a Salad for All Seasons
MOVING INTO LATE AUTUMN IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE….
Autumn Cooking: Rosebud and Crab Apple Jelly
Autumn Cooking: Cucumber Salad with Black Sesame
Autumn Cooking: Ginger Garlic Lentil Soup
Autum Cooking: Pomadori Gratinate
CHANGEABLE SPRING IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE…
Spring Cooking: Farinata “Pizza”
Spring Cooking: Making Nut Butters
Spring Cooking: Stirfried Mung Bean Sprouts
Spring Cooking: Thick Yoghurt Tahina Dip
- Seasonal Cooking for May: wherever you are.
- Moru Sambar (Buttermilk Sambar): A Pair of Recipes
- Gratitude, and thoughts of Tea. Some recipes for infusions.
- A Classic. Seasoned Sambar, Method FOUR. S. Meenakshi Ammal’s Recipe.
- Poritha Kuzhambu: Greens Soup with Tamarind. Straight from Tamil Nadu.
- A Classic. Seasoned Sambar, Method THREE. S. Meenakshi Ammal’s Recipe.
- Hindu Festival: Maha Sivaratri – a night of fasting
- A Classic. Seasoned Sambar, Method Two. S. Meenakshi Ammal’s Recipe.
- Sankranti (Pongal): A Time to Thank the Earth, Sun, Rain, Cows and Nature: Some Recipes
Category Archives: 10 Oct Sth; Apr Nth
Well I just love cumquats, those little balls of sour goodness. Hard to find in this part of the world in shops, you must know the location of a tree or have a good (Italian) neighbour. I got lucky this year, finding 2 trees in public spaces, and as few people know the delights of these golden globes, they were not much in demand. I came home with a basket full.
This year I made Cumquats in Gin Continue reading