HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Our sister site, Heat in the Kitchen, is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow us on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- Monday Morning Vegetarian Inspiration : Cheesey Love
- Seasonal Cooking for Late Winter For our Northern Friends
- Seasonal Cooking for Late Summer
- Cooking Last Month (January) – Did you Catch Them All?
- The Indexes have been updated for February!
- Cooking for Really Really Hot Weather: Courgettes a la Grecque – Zucchini stewed in oil. A Rustic, Cold dish.
- Ingredients: A Note on Dried Chinese Mushrooms – Cloud Ear and Shiitake. From The Archives.
- Ingredients: A Note on Porcini Mushrooms. From The Archives.
- Nilgiri’s Carrot Pachadi. A Recipe from The Archives. April, 2001.
- Vic’s Mushrooms, panfried with slurps of Cabernet, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. From The Archives. April, 1998.
- Tuscan Beans Baked with Lemon. From The Archives. April, 1997.
- Butternut pumpkin, slow cooked with lashings of butter. From The Archives. April, 1998.
SEASONAL COOKING IN THE KITCHEN…
Recently: Seasonal Cooking for Late Winter
Recently: Seasonal Cooking for Late Summer
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Zukes in Oil
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Cauli cooked in Oil with Lime and Spices
Recently: Asparagus in Pastry with Cream and Cheese
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Borlotti Bean Chaat
LATE SUMMER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE….
Mid Summer Cooking: Tender Baked Capsicums
Mid Summer Cooking: Ottolenghi Beetroot, Olive and Orange Salad
Mid Summer Cooking: Cacik – Turkish Cucumber and Yoghurt Mezze
Mid Summer Cooking: Creme Fraiche Icecream
MID WINTER IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE…
Mid Winter Cooking: Eggplant and Potato Curry (Kuzhambu)
Mid Winter Cooking: Besan Pasta (Eggless)
Mid Winter Cooking: Caramelised Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
Mid Winter Cooking: A Beautiful Pumpkin Soup
Tag Archives: celery
Celery is one of those veggies that is often ignored, at least in my house. It goes into wintery vegetable stews, into stocks as they brew on the stove, and into the juicer. Occasionally a stick is munched quite loudly as one wanders around the kitchen wondering what else there is to eat. But rarely, rarely is it used in other ways. Continue reading
For those of us who love cooking, it is easy to get carried away with the complexities of creating flavours and tastes, of cooking slow or fast, of whether we should chop, grind, blend or mince. Sometimes we forget that simplest is bestest. Continue reading