HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Heat in the Kitchen is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow Ganga on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- A Wicked Tamarind and Lime Dressing and a Betel Leaf Salad. Recipes from Thailand.
- Seasonal Cooking for December – Early WINTER – Northern Hemisphere.
- Seasonal Cooking for December – Early Summer – Southern Hemisphere.
- Cooking Last Month (November) – Did you Catch Them All?
- The Indexes have been updated for December!
- Diet and Consciousness
- Spices: A Note on Cardamom – Green, Black and White. From the Archives.
- Ingredients: A small Note on Candlenuts, Balinese Ingredient. From The Archives
- July, 2005. Aloo Gobi (Indian Cauliflower and Potato Curry). From The Archives.
- Ingredients: A Note on Fermented Blackbeans. From The Archives.
- January, 2001. Madhur Jaffrey’s Cream of Tomato Soup. From The Archives.
- Courgettes a la Grecque – Zucchini stewed in oil. A cold dish for December, 2013.
SEASONAL COOKING IN THE KITCHEN…
Recently: Diet and Consciousness
Recently: Mangoes in Spiced Syrup
Recently: What I was thinking about in The Kitchen in October, 2007
Recently: Kitchen Bench Green Mung Dal Soup with Amaranth Greens
Recently: Kimchi, my style
Recently: Masala Mung Wadi – Golden Lentil Drops in a Tomato Garlic Sauce
EARLY SUMMER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE….
Early Summer Cooking: Asparagus Pesto
Early Summer Cooking: Summery Tomato Soup
Early Summer Cooking: Smoky Eggplant Curry
Early Summer Cooking: What a Vegetarian Does with a BBQ
EARLY WINTER IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE…
Early Winter Cooking: Haydari (Turkish Recipe)
Early Winter Cooking: Brinjal (Eggplant) Fry
Early Winter Cooking: Broccoli with Lemon
Early Winter Cooking: Mint Pastries
Help me Clean a TempleLet's clean Ramanathaswamy Temple, Rameshwaran Island, India. And you don't even have to leave your lounge room.
- Heat in the Kitchen (Vegetarian) is out! paper.li/Ganga108/foodc… Stories via @tn_Vegetarian 15 hours ago
- Spices: A Note on Cardamom – Green, Black and White. From the Archives. ganga108.wordpress.com/2013/12/11/car… 17 hours ago
- TODAY'S TIP: A Note on Cardamon - Green, Black and White. wp.me/s1DLh7-cardamom 19 hours ago
- This is best salad Ive eaten in ages. It's the dressing - tamarind & lime Thai dressing. Make the salad w any greens ow.ly/28LPqN 20 hours ago
- Truly, long sleeves, a rain jacket, scarf and leggings is rather a strange sight for the 11th day of a South Australian summer! :) 20 hours ago
- If Summer was doing its thing, a sorbet from berries would be just right, but it is still rather cold here. ow.ly/28LOXx 20 hours ago
TagsAUTUMN BBQ Bread chickpeas Coffee cooking Cumin dal dips Diwali drinks eating Eggplant Elizabeth David Festivals food Fruit and Vegetables herbs Hindu Holidays India Indian cuisine Italian Kuzhambu lemons lentils life links Meenakshi Ammal mung dal nuts olive oil Olives peppers Recipes Red lentils Retro Recipes Rice Salads sambar seasonal cooking sesame seeds slow cooking snacks Soups SPICES SPRING Sth India SUMMER Sydney Tamil teas Thoughts tips Tomatoes Travel urad dal VEGETARIAN WINTER yoghurt