HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Our sister site, Heat in the Kitchen, is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow us on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- Monday Morning Vegetarian Inspiration : Cheesey Love
- Seasonal Cooking for Late Winter For our Northern Friends
- Seasonal Cooking for Late Summer
- Cooking Last Month (January) – Did you Catch Them All?
- The Indexes have been updated for February!
- Cooking for Really Really Hot Weather: Courgettes a la Grecque – Zucchini stewed in oil. A Rustic, Cold dish.
- Ingredients: A Note on Green Mango and Green Mango Powder. From The Archives.
- Ingredients: A Note on Coconuts, Young and Old, Cream, Milk and Water, Dessicated, Grated and Fresh. From The Archives
- Grilled Eggplant with Mirin and Miso. From The Archives. March, 1999.
- Herbs: A Note on Limes and Kaffir Limes. From The Archives.
- Herbs: A Note on Lemongrass. From The Archives.
- Oven Dried Tomatoes. From the Archives. February, 1998.
SEASONAL COOKING IN THE KITCHEN…
Recently: Seasonal Cooking for Late Winter
Recently: Seasonal Cooking for Late Summer
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Zukes in Oil
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Cauli cooked in Oil with Lime and Spices
Recently: Asparagus in Pastry with Cream and Cheese
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Borlotti Bean Chaat
LATE SUMMER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE….
Mid Summer Cooking: Tender Baked Capsicums
Mid Summer Cooking: Ottolenghi Beetroot, Olive and Orange Salad
Mid Summer Cooking: Cacik – Turkish Cucumber and Yoghurt Mezze
Mid Summer Cooking: Creme Fraiche Icecream
MID WINTER IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE…
Mid Winter Cooking: Eggplant and Potato Curry (Kuzhambu)
Mid Winter Cooking: Besan Pasta (Eggless)
Mid Winter Cooking: Caramelised Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
Mid Winter Cooking: A Beautiful Pumpkin Soup
Tag Archives: Thai
My good friend Kate recently told me how good steamed Thai eggplants are with a chilli paste. In need of a quick snack while prep’ing for the large dinner on 25th, I threw some in the steamer with left over zucchini, grabbed some chilli paste from the fridge and chopped up some cumquats. I love this! Continue reading
This Coconut Rice will have you hooked from the moment you start cooking. The aroma is awesome and the taste is heavenly. Straight from Bali to you, for you. Continue reading