HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Our sister site, Heat in the Kitchen, is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow us on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- What was North Adelaide like in Oct 2007? Revisiting This Week in North Adelaide
- Lentil Balls for Kuzhambu or Spicy Gravies. Paruppu Urundai Kuzhambu. An Indian Recipe.
- Masala Kuzhambu with Gram Flour Vadai. Deliciousness from Meenakshi Ammal. Sept 2014.
- Ayurvedic Spice Infusions/”Teas”. Direct from India.
- Fennel a la Grecque. A recipe from Greece.
- Carrot and Roasted Tomato Soup. A quick recipe.
- Avocado Soup, A Cold Soup for a Hot Day. From The Archives. August, 1998.
- Onion Salad. From The Archives. November, 1998.
- Nilgiri’s Potato Pallya. From The Archives. November, 2002.
- Potatoes with Cumin. From The Archives. November, 1996.
- Saag Aloo (Indian Spinach with Potatoes). From The Archives. November, 1996.
- Cabbage, Cheese and Pasta Bake. Considering The Archives. October, 2001.
SEASONAL COOKING IN THE KITCHEN…
Recently: Smashed Chickpeas with Broccoli and Dukkah
Recently: Early Winter – What to Cook
Recently: Char Grilled Sweetcorn
Recently: Spiced Honey Roasted Carrots
Recently: Grated Coconut Masala Kuzhambu – Thenga Aracha Kuzhambu
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Zukes in Oil
MID WINTER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE….
Mid Winter Cooking: A Note on Pickling Lemons and Limes
Mid Winter Cooking: Aloo Gobi (Indian Cauli and Potatoes)
Mid Winter Cooking: Anise Baked Pears and Apples
Mid Winter Cooking: Arai Puli Kuzhambu (Mildly Sour “Soup”)
MID SUMMER IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE…
Mid Summer Cooking: A Plate of Cauliflower – Simple Elegance
Mid Summer Cooking: Baked Apricots with Honey and Orange
Mid Summer Cooking: Baked Peppers for Summer
Mid Summer Cooking: A Wicked Tamarind and Lime Dressing and a Betel Leaf Salad
Tag Archives: Thai
My good friend Kate recently told me how good steamed Thai eggplants are with a chilli paste. In need of a quick snack while prep’ing for the large dinner on 25th, I threw some in the steamer with left over zucchini, grabbed some chilli paste from the fridge and chopped up some cumquats. I love this! Continue reading
This Coconut Rice will have you hooked from the moment you start cooking. The aroma is awesome and the taste is heavenly. Straight from Bali to you, for you. Continue reading