These are tofu squares. In fact, it is Deep Fried Tofu, available from any Asian or Chinese Grocery.
For a quick snack, pan fry without any additional oil. Sprinkle with Sea Salt (preferable Celtic Sea Salt) and black or white pepper.
You can eat them as they are, or top them with grated carrot and daikon, and some bean sprouts. I like them on their own.
Eat. Enjoy. Yum.
From The Tofu and Paneer Series
- Broth and Dipping Sauce for Japanese Noodles and Tofu
- Cacik: Turkish cucumber and Yoghurt Mezze
- Carrot Sambal
- Japanese Kitsu Udon (Fox Noodles)
- Mint Paneer
- Squared Tofu
- Two Marvellous Tofu Recipes (Tofu Napoleons, and Tri Coloured Stuffed Tofu)
- Tofu and Spinach Napoleons with Sesame and Miso