Winter is slow in coming this year. That’s a good thing, as I am not a lover of cold weather. However, we do need rain, and although there is some there is not yet enough to be filling our dams and water catchments.
The weather is beautiful. Autumn in Adelaide is the best time of year and probably the best Autumn weather in all of Australia.
But in much of the rest of the world, people are awaiting the first warm weather, the thawing of the ice and the first shoots of a Spring garden to appear. The awakening of life, as here we head into the hibernation of life.
Just as a reminder that it once was Spring here too, here is your inspiration from the kitchens of A Life (Time) of Cooking, last Spring.
Cooking in May – Northern Hemisphere Style
- A Tuscan Bean Bake – a wonderful and versatile baked bean dish that can be made with a range of different dried beans.
- Baked Apples with Star Anise – Oh, My, Goodness, this is an amazing dish of spiced and baked apples.
- Beetroot and Berlotti Bean Curry – A quick and easy beetroot curry that looks fantastic. Tastes great too.
- Chana Chat with Chat Masala – one of the most popular posts ever on this site. A Chickpea dish with an Indian tang.
- Chat Masala – How to make the spice mix for Indian snacks.
- Chick Peas – read about the buying, storing and cooking of chickpeas.
- Cheat’s Hummus – Hummus made from a can of chickpeas or butter beans
- Dried Peppers / Capsicums – oven dry capsicums for a wonderful snack, addition to dishes or powder for sprinkling.
- The Making of Herbal Teas – time to start being healthy. Consider the wonderful range of home made herbal teas.
- Zucchini Curry to Die For – Yum.
- Simple Cucumber Salad – relearn to be simple in the kitchen. Minimum fuss. Maximum taste. Let the ingredients shine.
- Tomato Salad – A simple tomato salad that is all tomato.
- Simple approaches – A reflection on Elizabeth David, French food and simplicity in cooking.
- Zahtar and Dukkah – that amazing middle eastern spice mix that can be used in 108 ways.