I have been so tired recently it is easier to blog surf than to cook and blog about it. I have so many stored up to share with you – until things settle down here and I get some time to cook, photograph, read and sleep again :-).
It is cold here – hail storms this week. But I know that in other parts it is sweltering. If that is where you are, I bring you some ices.
- Cookworm has some Pineapple Basil Granita. What a great taste combination. I love the use of basil with fruit and this explores that combination.
- Or some Apple, Ginger, Mint Iced Tea. Sip it on the terrace. From Steamy Kitchen. Or try some Moroccan Mint Tea, from SBS.
- More Limonada – lemon or lime ade? Try Laylita’s Recipes.
- Gelato? Try some Gelato di Fragola e Balsamico, gelato made from strawberries and balsamic. Awesome. The Traveler’s Lunch.
- Passionate about Baking discusses plums, cherries, fruit sauces and wonderful icecreams.
- Or if it is cold, try this wonderful steamy spiced pumpkin and cauliflower soup by Bron Marshall. It looks amazing.
- Enjoy World Food blogs about making Tastes Like Home‘s Cinnamon Tea. Have a look at both. Yum. (Warning for those who prefer eggless eating: Tastes Like Home has some pictures of breakfast eggs.)
- Another Pongal recipe for you, from Tamil Nadu. This time it is from Paajaka Recipes. Sweet Pongal. Or if you would like a spicy one, try Aayi’s Recipes here.
- I have yet to make my 13 Treasure Happiness Soup this year, and share it with you. In the mean time, to keep you going, have a look at these Happiness Soups: From Nigella Lawson; or try a Chinese Recipe;
- Then 101 Cookbooks has a Liven Yourself Up Lentil Soup with saffron yoghurt, Straight from the Farm has a Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Leek soup.
- You have to see this to believe it. Who would have thought that grains were so good? Granola with flaxseed, from Slow like Honey.
- Sunita’s World has some Orangey Wheat Squares that will take your breath away.
- Drinking Barley? Red Chillies has a healthy barley drink.
- I love shrikhand. And just in case you have not seen enough recipes for it, here is a lovely shrikhand from Becks and Posh that uses rosewater.
- Crazy Curry has a lovely creamy Tzatziki. Nice.
- Then Mango Power Girl has a golden yellow, beautifully smooth Hummus. The Hummus Blog has a very quick recipe for rushed days.
Hints and Tips and Things.
- Veggie Terrain has a wonderfully informative post on cooking without eggs - how to replace eggs in recipes.
- Get to know a plant! A lovely post from The Herbwife’s Kitchen.
- Ayurwhat? has instructions for bathing with mung beans!
- Have a look here to see some common cooking ingredients that can be used as medicines. Compiled by Remedicated. More here on oils and their properties.
- Ever wondered how to chop and prepare sugar cane? Well, have a look at Wandering Chopstick‘s photographs and instructions.
- Taste Memory shows how to crack a coconut, and save the juice. And Art of Cooking India shows how to peel a kiwi fruit.