As we put our winter coats back into the wardrobe, weary of the cold, vegetables turn to the last of the Spring bounty and the first of the Summer harvest.
Enjoy some Salads, Vegetables and Preserves for Late spring weather.
You can also browse Indian Deliciousness for Late Spring; Salad and Vegetable Dishes; Soup and Snack Recipes; Goodies, Grains and Lentils, Breads and Pasta; Drinks and Sweets, and Tips and Hints for Cooking in Late Spring.
Please let us know if you find links that are broken.
Salads, Vegetables, Dips and Preserves for Healthy Late Spring Eating
Salads and Dressings
It is Spring Time, so try growing your own leaves, such as baby spinach, rocket, salad burnett, nasturtium, curly cress, lettuces, purslane and dandelion leaves, to name a few. Picking your own salad is delightful!
- Simple Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Kosumalli, Indian Cucumber Salad
- Cucumber Kosumalli, another version of the Indian Cucumber Salad
Lentil and Grain Salads
- Adzuki Bean Sundal
- Channa Sundal
- Du Puy Lentil Sundal
- Peas and Bengal Gram Flour Sundal
- Sprouted White Pea Sundal
- Brown Lentil Sprouts Sundal
- Asparagus Pesto
- Lemony Yoghurt Dressing
- Fresh Radish and Mint Chutney
- Soy Salad Dressing
- Tahina Tarator
- A Tamarind and Lime Dressing
Vegetable Dishes for Spring Love
Misc Vegetable Dishes
- Avial, a Kerala Coconut and Yoghurt Vegetable Stew
- Bhaji, Indian Vegetable Fritters
- Gado Gado
- Escalivada – Spanish Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
- Asparagus Risotto
- Green Mung Dal Soup with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Steamed Asparagus with Tomato and Pine Nut Salsa
- Velouté d’asperges – Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Baingan Ka Bharta, Indian Roasted Beetroot with Spices
- Eggplants, Sultanas and Pinenuts with Yoghurt and Mint
- Japanese Baked Eggplant with Miso and Sesame
- Peppers and Eggplants – Grilled and Oiled