Help in the Kitchen for Late Spring with tips and hints for cooking this season’s foods.
Enjoy some Tip and Hints for Late spring weather.
You can also browse Indian Deliciousness for Late Spring; Salad and Vegetable Dishes; Soup and Snack Recipes; Goodies, Grains and Lentils, Breads and Pasta; Drinks and Sweets, and Tips and Hints for Cooking in Late Spring.
Please let us know if you find links that are broken.
Hints, Tips and How To’s for Late Spring Cooking
What to Do ….
- What is Asofoetida?
- What is the Difference Between Different Bay Leaves
- What is the Difference Between Rasam and Sambar
- What are the Differences Between Sth Indian Lentil Crumble types – Puttu, Usili, Dal Paste and Dal-Coconut
- What is Ghee?
- What are Porcini Mushrooms?
- What is Tulsi – Tulasi – Indian Holy Basil?
- How to Make Falafel
- How to Make Flower Flavoured Sugar
- How to Make Gado Gado
- How to Make Ghee
- How to Make Herbal Teas
- How to Make Balanese Spice Paste
- How to Make Chat Masala
- How to Make Goan Rechad Masala
- How to Make Zahtar and Dukkah
- How to Remove Skins from Chickpeas
- How to Store and Preserve Bunches of Greens and Herbs
- How and When to Use Chillies in Indian Food
- How to Use Thick Thick Yoghurt
- Why Ghee is Not Really Clarified Butter
- Why Kitchari is not Risotto – What is the difference?
- Why Ma di Dal is not the Same as Dal Makhani
- Almonds – Sweet and Bitter
- Bananas – Fruit, Blossoms, Skins and Leaves
- Beancurd, Tofu and Tempeh
- Chinese Five Spice Powder
- Common Equipment in a South Indian Kitchen
- South Indian Lentil Crumble types – Puttu, Usili, Dal Paste and Dal-Coconut
- Tulsi – Tulasi – Indian Holy Basil