Desserts are less complicated in hot weather. Fruits are sliced, chilled and served, fruit salads are common, icecream is a must. With the soaring temperatures, less effort is placed on desserts, and they must be light, refreshing and cooling.
I hope you can find some inspiration here for summer healthy deliciousness.
Enjoy some Sweet and Cooling Inspiration for Mid Summer. You can also browse Soup Recipes for Mid Summer; Salads; Vegetables; Indian Deliciousness; BBQs; Goodies, Grains, Lentils and More; Drinks and Sweets; Dips, Sauces, Purees and Preserves; and Tips and Hints for Cooking in Mid Summer.
Please let us know if you find links that are not working. We would love to fix them for you.
Sweet Things and Cooling Drinks for Mid Summer Relaxing
Rice, Sago and Vermicelli Desserts
- Sakkarai Pongal | Sweet Pongal from Jaffna
- Sevai Kheer | Vermicelli Payasam
- Sweet Mung Dal and Rice Kitchari
- Tropical Coconut Sago Pudding
Yoghurt and Mascarpone Desserts
Icecreams and Sorbets
Herbal Teas / Infusions
- Herbal Teas
- Ginger and Lemongrass Tea
- Cardamom, Cloves and Cinnamon Tea
- Coriander and Ginger Infusion (Tea)
- Cranberry Tea with Fennel, Cardamom and Coriander Seed
- Revitalising Cardamon, Cinnamon and Clove Tea
Lassi Yoghurt Drinks
Sweet Lassi and Fruit Lassi