The gradual transition to warmer weather means that foods get lighter and cooler, soups begin to appear less and less on the menus. They are generally made from Spring’s vegetables such as peas and asparagus. Cold soups appear as the weather warms.
Some gorgeous inspirational Soups and Stocks for you this Mid Spring. You can also browse Salad and Vegetable Dishes for Mid Spring; Indian Deliciousness; Soups; Breads, Grains and Lentils, and Pasta; Teas and Sweet Desserts; and Tips, Hints and How To’s for Mid Spring. (Some of these might not be available now but will be published in the next few days.)
If you have difficulty with any links, please let us know. We would love to fix them for you.
Soups for Mid Spring Transitional Weather
- Green Mung Soup with Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Chilled Asparagus Soup
- A Gentle Quick Asparagus Soup
- Garlic Rasam (Poondu Rasam)
- An Ode To Rasam – Thakkali Paruppu Rasam
- Thakkali Paruppu Rasam | Tomato Lentil Rasam | A spicy tomato based broth