HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Our sister site, Heat in the Kitchen, is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow us on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- Monday Morning Vegetarian Inspiration : Cheesey Love
- Seasonal Cooking for Late Winter For our Northern Friends
- Seasonal Cooking for Late Summer
- Cooking Last Month (January) – Did you Catch Them All?
- The Indexes have been updated for February!
- Cooking for Really Really Hot Weather: Courgettes a la Grecque – Zucchini stewed in oil. A Rustic, Cold dish.
- Narasimhan’s Sweet Potato, Eggplant and Spinach Madras Curry. From The Archives. April and December, 2002.
- Spicy Cabbage Fry, Indian Style. Investigating the Archives. April, 2002.
- Food: A Note on Risotto. From The Archives.
- Spices: A Note on Mustard Seeds (Black, Brown and Yellow) and Mustard Oil. From The Archives.
- Spices: A Note on Saffron. From The Archives.
- April 1999 and May 2002. Beetroot Risotto, Two Ways. From The Archives.
SEASONAL COOKING IN THE KITCHEN…
Recently: Seasonal Cooking for Late Winter
Recently: Seasonal Cooking for Late Summer
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Zukes in Oil
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Cauli cooked in Oil with Lime and Spices
Recently: Asparagus in Pastry with Cream and Cheese
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Borlotti Bean Chaat
LATE SUMMER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE….
Mid Summer Cooking: Tender Baked Capsicums
Mid Summer Cooking: Ottolenghi Beetroot, Olive and Orange Salad
Mid Summer Cooking: Cacik – Turkish Cucumber and Yoghurt Mezze
Mid Summer Cooking: Creme Fraiche Icecream
MID WINTER IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE…
Mid Winter Cooking: Eggplant and Potato Curry (Kuzhambu)
Mid Winter Cooking: Besan Pasta (Eggless)
Mid Winter Cooking: Caramelised Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
Mid Winter Cooking: A Beautiful Pumpkin Soup
Category Archives: Sunday Afternoon at Home Cooking
What a Vegetarian Does with a BBQ, Part 8. Cooks Lentils, of course. A recipe for slow braised lentils.
When I made Ma di Dal last week, I wondered how the BBQ would cope with cooking such a dish slowly for several hours. I tried it, and am so pleased with the results. I believe it is better than the slow cooker!! Continue reading
I had been wanting to cook bread in the BBQ for a while. Accordingly, the Internet says that it is possible, and I was keen to try it. There is something so special about the scent of bread cooking – and floating from our balcony over to our neighbours. I am sure they wondered what we were up to.
We have trialled focaccia cooked in the BBQ several times now, and love it Continue reading
What a Vegetarian does with a BBQ. Part 3 of a continuing series. Baked Pears, Strawberries, Grapes!!
The next trials with the BBQ are :
Roasted Rosemary Pears
Roasted Grapes with Thyme and Olive Oil
Sweet Baked Strawberries.
Make these in the oven or on the BBQ, they are delicious! Continue reading
Beautiful wintery days continue, clear skies, sunshine, happy moods. And the trialling of the BBQ continues to see what can be cooked in this no-fuss, not too much washing up, sort of a way.
If you haven’t see it already, take a look at Part 1 of this BBQ series to see Grilled Fennel with Lemon and Parmesan and Grilled Broccoli with Preserved Lemon.
Roasted Carrots with Pomegranate Molasses, BBq’d Cheese on Sourdough, BBQd Caramelised Bananas Continue reading