HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Our sister site, Heat in the Kitchen, is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow us on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- Monday Morning Vegetarian Inspiration : Cheesey Love
- Seasonal Cooking for Late Winter For our Northern Friends
- Seasonal Cooking for Late Summer
- Cooking Last Month (January) – Did you Catch Them All?
- The Indexes have been updated for February!
- Cooking for Really Really Hot Weather: Courgettes a la Grecque – Zucchini stewed in oil. A Rustic, Cold dish.
- Ingredients: A Note on Coconuts, Young and Old, Cream, Milk and Water, Dessicated, Grated and Fresh. From The Archives
- Grilled Eggplant with Mirin and Miso. From The Archives. March, 1999.
- Herbs: A Note on Limes and Kaffir Limes. From The Archives.
- Herbs: A Note on Lemongrass. From The Archives.
- Oven Dried Tomatoes. From the Archives. February, 1998.
- Spices: A Note on Kalonji (Charnushka). From The Archives.
SEASONAL COOKING IN THE KITCHEN…
Recently: Seasonal Cooking for Late Winter
Recently: Seasonal Cooking for Late Summer
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Zukes in Oil
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Cauli cooked in Oil with Lime and Spices
Recently: Asparagus in Pastry with Cream and Cheese
Recently: Cooking for Hot Weather – Borlotti Bean Chaat
LATE SUMMER IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE….
Mid Summer Cooking: Tender Baked Capsicums
Mid Summer Cooking: Ottolenghi Beetroot, Olive and Orange Salad
Mid Summer Cooking: Cacik – Turkish Cucumber and Yoghurt Mezze
Mid Summer Cooking: Creme Fraiche Icecream
MID WINTER IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE…
Mid Winter Cooking: Eggplant and Potato Curry (Kuzhambu)
Mid Winter Cooking: Besan Pasta (Eggless)
Mid Winter Cooking: Caramelised Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
Mid Winter Cooking: A Beautiful Pumpkin Soup
Tag Archives: chickpeas
I have to say, chickpea flour is the best! So versatile, if I was to be marooned on a desert island, it is one of the pantry ingredients that I would take with me. From the beautiful farinata, to a stabliser in yoghurt curry, to crispy batters and fritter-like little dosas, they bring joy into the kitchen.
Going by different names, you may recognise it as Besan, or Gram Flour.
Two quick recipes today; whip them up in no time at all. We had a lovely Continue reading
I have to admit to a love of chickpeas and, through that, excitement at the various ways that the flour made from chickpeas is used. Chickpea Flour/ Besan / Gram Flour Chickpea flour is also called gram flour or besan. … Continue reading
Makhani is the Punjabi word for “buttery”, and this sure lives up to its name of Buttery Lentils! I had this in India at the Oberoi hotel in Bangalore and it was so very very good. Along with their dosa, it was one of my first great discoveries when I started travelling to India. Continue reading
One of the great discoveries while I was on holidays was Chickpea Porridge. I made it just because it intrigued me. Take some flour, ghee and milk. Cook. You have a very yummy custard like consistency. It sounds too good … Continue reading