HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Our sister site, Heat in the Kitchen, is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow us on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- Roasted Tomato and Sweetcorn Soup for Late Autumn
- Nigel is my Inspiration. Baked Garlicy Eggplant with Feta.
- Raitas/Pachadis – 3 different ones to Tickle your Tastebuds
- Traditional ANZAC Biscuits, for any day of the year
- Eggplant Makhani, in a slow mood. Perfect for Autumn.
- Crispy Garlic. Crispy Sage.
- Beans in a Jar Lunch. Pack it for Work, or Home.
- Marinated Eggplant on the BBQ. A Cold Autumn Evening’s Supper.
- Stuffed Mushrooms on the BBQ. An Autumn Saturday Lunch.
- Zucchini Juice – who would have thought? Summer, 2015
- Domatokeftedes (Santorini Style Tomato “patties”) or are they Pakora?
- Chickpea “Cakes” with Tomato Salsa
Tag Archives: chickpeas
With a little pre-cooking, it does not get much easier. Continue reading
I have to say, chickpea flour is the best! So versatile, if I was to be marooned on a desert island, it is one of the pantry ingredients that I would take with me. From the beautiful farinata, to a stabliser in yoghurt curry, to crispy batters and fritter-like little dosas, they bring joy into the kitchen.
Going by different names, you may recognise it as Besan, or Gram Flour.
Two quick recipes today; whip them up in no time at all. We had a lovely Continue reading
I have to admit to a love of chickpeas and, through that, excitement at the various ways that the flour made from chickpeas is used. Chickpea Flour/ Besan / Gram Flour Chickpea flour is also called gram flour or besan. … Continue reading
Makhani is the Punjabi word for “buttery”, and this sure lives up to its name of Buttery Lentils! I had this in India at the Oberoi hotel in Bangalore and it was so very very good. Along with their dosa, it was one of my first great discoveries when I started travelling to India. Continue reading
One of the great discoveries while I was on holidays was Chickpea Porridge. I made it just because it intrigued me. Take some flour, ghee and milk. Cook. You have a very yummy custard like consistency. It sounds too good … Continue reading
I am on holidays. After finishing the long consultancy I am taking 2 weeks holiday, and delightedly spending it at home. It is a long time since I spent a holiday at home. I want to just potter around, do … Continue reading