HEAT IN THE KITCHEN
Our sister site, Heat in the Kitchen, is a new blog, tracking the daily activity in The Kitchen, in between other daily commitments. It celebrates low cost eating that is healthy and flavoursome. Just what does it cost to eat? Come join me on this adventure!
ALSO, Read our daily collection of recipes and articles designed to inspire your time in the kitchen. Heat in the Kitchen is aggregated from around the internet and published daily. Get your copy now!
Follow us on Twitter
Most POPULAR Reads
Most LIKED Posts
RECENTLY IN THE KITCHEN:
- Jeera Lassi | Cumin Lassi | Indian Yoghurt Drink
- Chilli and Coriander Salt Lassi | Indian Yoghurt Drink
- Lassi Khara | Neer More | Salt Lassi with Asafoetida (Hing)
- Aubergines in Coconut Milk | Thenkapal Varadhiniya | A Dish from Kerala
- Cumquat Chutney
- The Simplest Lassi | Yoghurt Based Indian Drink | Raita Lassi
- Escarole Salads with Millet and Chickpea Flour Flatbread / Pancake
- Beans in a Jar Lunch. Pack it for Work, or Home.
- Marinated Eggplant on the BBQ. A Cold Autumn Evening’s Supper.
- Stuffed Mushrooms on the BBQ. An Autumn Saturday Lunch.
- Zucchini Juice – who would have thought? Summer, 2015
- Domatokeftedes (Santorini Style Tomato “patties”) or are they Pakora?
Tag Archives: tips
What was I thinking, what was I cooking, in Oct, 2007? Some nice things indeed. Continue reading
Broad beans are synonymous with spring, with their presence so fleeting. Here in Australia, that is from September through October. It is one of the few true seasonal vegetables. Continue reading
“Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water.” W.C. Fields This Month in The Kitchen This was first posted in September, 2007, and revisited in 2013. This month I (re)discovered … … … Continue reading
The basics of cooking risotto are very very easy. Take rice. Add stock gradually. Stir for 20 minutes. Serve. Enjoy! Hmm. Let’s take a little bit more time to explore, to be mindful. Ingredient Notes Rice: Use only arborio rice(or … Continue reading